Monday, June 20, 2005

the weekend that was

This past weekend had all the intent of being one that would not "get out of hand." But like many things, it didn't happen. Thurs. my friend Chuck's mom was in town. I have to say that I am a lover of mom's. If your mom is cool and loves to laugh, we will be best friends. So needless to say, Chuck's mom loves to laugh. So Bernie and myself met Chuck and his mom at this breeder bar. Something told us that as much as we love Jr's, it probably wasn't the place to takes ones mom. In the end, it was a really good time. We drank our faces off. For some reason, Bernie thought it would be a good idea to start the night with Jack and Coke, little did he know that our night would end with us having drank about 5 or 6 of them. The whole time there, Chuck's mom was telling stories and drinking. It was great to see his mom, be herself in front of two people that she only met once. By the end of the night we were all shitfaced and ready to leave the bar. At one point we thought about sleeping in the bar, but then decided against it. After leaving the breeder bar, Bernie and I thought it would be a good idea to head to Jr's, for what I don't know, but needless to say we got there just in time to take the free 12 o'clock shot. To bad we didn't take it, probably because we were already pretty drunk.

Friday, saw us start the night at Lauriol Plaza. Now as I have written before, you are always in for a good time when you start you evening there. I met Bernie there for a drink or two, which in turn turned into three pitchers. Luckily, Chuck and Chris showed up. On second thought I don't think it was that lucky, cause we still ended up pretty wasted. After leaving Lauriol, Bernie and myself needed to go home and change for the evening. Of course we could not end the night here like any sane person would have. Since I don't have a car anymore.....that is another story, not really just got rid of the bootlegg...anyway, Bernie thought it would be a good idea to walk home. Now, the problem is not so much the walking, the walk itself is not long at all about 20-25 walk. The problem comes when are intoxicated and unable to walk. So after screaming at Bernie for trying to make me walk, we hoped in a cab and hoped right back in on after changing. We made our way back to Jr's, I can't really tell you much of what happened, cause I don't remember it. I know that Chris couldn't keep his eyes open and instead used a man he didn't know as a pole that he could make out with....that's all I'll say. The night ended, with little fanfare, I honestly don't remember.

Sat, Bernie and I decided that we would make something out of ourselves, since the past couple of days had been spent drinking. We walked from Bernie's to the Zoo, headed out with manurse's that had apples and water. Don't know how long of a walk is, but I know that in all we walked for about four hours when it was said and done. I had never been to the zoo before in DC, so it was a good time. We saw some kind of rodent do a move that many of my friends are familiar with. After much running around and sniffing of her partners butt, she arched her back perfectly in the air and allowed him to do his business (that line is from color purple, if you haven't seen the movie, may God have mercy on your soul.) It was a good way to end our trip to the zoo. After the Zoo, Bernie and I walked to get something to eat, organic Chinese food, it was treat your body right day after all. Then, we walked to the circle and meet up with Chuck and his mom. It's been a while since I've seen a parent with a hangover, I think it was homecoming last year, but needless to say, she and chuck were both fun to talk to. After the circle went to see "Batman Begins"......really good movie, a lot better then I thought it was going to be. I love Christian Bale and now want to have his kids. After the movie, made our way back to Jr's and then went home. All in all a good day, not being drunk and all

Sunday, I decided that I would spend some time with self. Caught up on some reading and watched some good looking men pass by. Meet some friends and ended up but where else, JR's.

I have to say all in all this weekend belonged to JR's....I'll miss it when I leave for San Fran on Thurs, so maybe it was suppose to be that this weekend was devoted to Jr's and all it's craziness. God bless it...

No comments: