Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Olivia Newton John

So....before the new year I decided that I was going to stop wasting my gym membership. I joined the gym after a long struggle with myself...do I or don't I, which one do I join, am I really going to go..yada, yada, yada. So after a friend of mine.....one who wears short pants at the gym... suggested that I look at the gym he goes to. I did so and found out that they were having a sweet deal, no membership fee and only $50 a month....I couldn't beat that with a stick, so I decided to go for it.
Now you have to understand that at the time that I joined the gym, I was living with a friend close to the gym and I was also working within walking distance of the gym....so as you can imagine, it was a match made in heaven. I went all the time, actually put on a little weight and was absolutely in love with the gym. Then it happened.....I got sick. When I say "sick", I don't mean a head cold......stuffy nose..I mean full out sick, like couldn't get out of the bed for a couple of days...couldn't start my new job sick. Needless to say I couldn't go to the gym for sometime, I believe it was a total of a month and some weeks.
So after I got better I would go from time time. Never really getting back in the groove that I once had down so perfectly. I made a pact with myself that after the New Year I would get back on my routine and not waste my money and get back in shape. Well that has kind of happened. I did start going... and I have to say that I am proud of myself for just that alone.....I no longer live in walking distance to it, in fact I have to take the metro from my job and then walk three blocks to get to it. After the gym I have to walk about five blocks to the bus and then get off the bus and walk about three blocks home. All in all a much different experience then the one that I originally signed up for. In the end I guess it just comes down to me wanting to make a change in my life and not minding so much if I have to get physical to do so....

No comments: