Friday, May 27, 2005

These things do 'appen

So......about a year and half ago I decided that I had enough of Pittsburgh and it's lackluster scene. I told myself that it was time for a change, not only in my life, but also in my career. I took a job with a company I knew little about and moved to a city that I had only remembered in drunken hazes. All in all, I have to say that my time here has been one of great exploration of myself and a city that I thought I would never be able to handle.

When I told my friends that I was moving to DC, a lot of them were like "good for you, but are you going to be ok there?" I would just smile and say "Sure, why not." That's when most of them would start telling me about the crime problem, the drugs and the cost of living, things that they thought I would have no clue on how to handle. So I guess in retrospect(I love that word) I never gave any of those things a second thought. If anything I thought I'm packing my bags and my bootleg car and taking my ass to DC, and things will only happen if they were meant to. In being honest with myself, I knew the only thing that I would miss out of everything would be the friends that I had come to make in Pittsburgh (there are things that I will never forget and probably never write about, until my bio comes out). So with only that thought I prepared myself for what was surely going to be a wild ride.
So now, I prepare myself to take on year two, and I can't wait. I have made some amazing friends here, people that I honestly don't think that I can live without. Every time something bad happens and I get into a disgusting funk, I'm reminded of how great my life truly is thru my friends and our amazing times. There was MLKSB '05 trip, a fierce walk-off, and countless nights of chaotic mishaps. And if year one was any test of how great things do 'appen, then I can't wait for year number 3.

No comments: