Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Job hunting

So I'm into my third week of no job and I have to tell you that I'm kind of over it.
I've been doing temp stuff and I have to say that I don't think that I can continue this. Everyday I pass homeless people on the street and I have to think about what is keeping me from their shoes...is it determination, needing to be someplace better, or is that I just want it more then they do. What is it that keeps these people homeless???
Yes, I know that a lot of homeless people are in their situation because of mental health issues. But what about those who say they lack the proper job skills and or education. What do you say about those people?? In the end I have to say that it comes down to choices. The choice to want a better life is there for everyone, but it's about making those choices that lead up to that better life that get us all
in the end.
If we choose not to wake up in the morning and go look for a job, but instead stay in bed and wake up at 3 in the afternoon and then complain about not having a job. If we choose to use drugs so much that we become addicted to them and let them control our lives, these are the choices that we make and have to make everyday in order to have that better life.
So I guess I'll choose to keep wanting, keep choosing,the better life.

No comments: