Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend Roundup

This past weekend I went to New York to see "the bf". What I thought was going to be a relaxing weekend together....did not turn out that way.
I went up to NYC with the knowledge that his sister was coming up for the day on Saturday and that there was going to be a few activities that we where going to do but I had no idea what I was really in store for.
I woke up on Saturday with the thought that we were going to meet his sister and her husband and son around 12:00 and then go from there. What ensued was a non-stop tour of NYC during the holidays. First there was the tour of Time Square at 1pm with 3million other people. Next, there was the walk from Time Square to the USS Intrepid, a battle ship turned museum. After the battle ship, there was a quick walk down 5th Ave, to look at all the window decorations. Finally, there was a look at the Rockefella Christmas tree and then a journey to the "Top of the Rock". After that was said and done, we grabbed a bite at a very random diner. As you can see it was a pretty long day.
I have to say in the moment I probably didn't enjoy everything as much as I should have. I expected to come to NYC and spend time with the other half and just relax. So many of our visits include others and doing other things with other people, I just was prepared for some nice alone time. I knew that his sister was coming up, so I def. knew what I was getting into, but I just felt like again, "our" time together was shortened. So of course now looking back on the whole weekend, I couldn't have chosen a better person to see so many things that others only get to see on TV with.
I have decided that we probably won't get alone time until a while after the holidays, it's just the way things work. We both know a lot of people, and love spending time with those people. So until we get to spend our alone time, I'll cherish all the moments that we spend with others together.

No comments: