Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Good bye and Good night....

So what I'm about to tell you is the truth....


When I was dating this one guy here in DC I was still in constant communication with Rick ( if you don't know that story, you'll have to go back and read)......anywho, I told the guy that I was dating here in DC about Rick, because I felt like it was important for him to know that I loved someone else. This guy would always ask, does "Rick" know that you are dating me and I would always say yes. I was always very honest with "Rick", because I felt in order for us to move on, truth would be important. Neither of us expected the other not to date and or see other people, we knew it would happen. In being honest I never really told "Rick" that I was dating this guy in DC....it was just kind of understood. But, the guy in DC would always ask "are you sure that "Rick" knows about me??"
So one day, I got an e-mail from "Rick" that said....."So, I got an email from someone I don't even know saying that you are in a relationship. After being in Peace Corps I don't listen to rumors. You can tell me if you are with someone, I would understand. As a friend of mine puts it, "Our organism has biological needs." Ah, the wisdom of the Kyrgyz."
I wrote him back and told him everything.....in the end he end up calling me and saying that it doesn't really matter. He just didn't know why someone he doesn't know would e-mail him. I told him that they were probably trying to ruin what we have....he agreed and we never spoke about it again.
I later would ask the guy that I was dating in DC about the whole e-mail situation....not really suggesting that he did it....but I guess in some ways I did think he did it. He got really upset and didn't understand how I could blame him for something like this and so I dropped it and instead tried to think of who else would do something so child like. A lot of names came in and out of my mind, some were friends, others were enemies. When it was all said and done I just decided that it wasn't worth all the time and energy to try and figure out who or why it was done.

Well that whole situation happened in May and I have since started dating someone else and never really thought about it until now.


Tonight I got a phone call from Tony that I knew was going to not so great. He sounded very worried and almost distant. After some prodding he finally told me that he just received an e-mail from someone named Mike Smith that said the following..."Hey, Sorry if I did anything inappropriate last night....I have issues, which I'm sure you know.. I would still like to get together before I go home. Think about it and let me know. These are all words that I wrote to my friend Jeff. This is what he wrote back....."Hey you...it's no problem. It takes two to tango, ya know? We're both "guilty" of that. You didn't do anything over the top inappropriate, so don't worry. I had a great time; was hurtin' a little bit earlier in the day, but it's all good now. How about you....did you make it home or did you stay at Chuck's? What's you schedule like next week and when do you get back from NY? Maybe we could do dinner on Monday or Tuesday next week?"
Tony didn't read this e-mail to me word for word, but just the jest of if. To make a long story short, he asked me what the hell the e-mail was about and what did I do that was so inappropriate. I told him that I didn't do anything and if anything I was just apologizing for being drunk. In the midst of this whole conversation I also got very angry and there was some shouting going on.

The back story is Tony's ex cheated on him. I don't know much about the situation and don't really want to. I do know that truth is a big thing with Tony because of it. So now, he gets this e-mail and doesn't know what to think.

After a lot of yelling and if you to happen to notice what time it is when while I'm writing this, things did not come to and ending. If anything, Tony's trust in me has been shook and I can't do anything about it. I told him that nothing happened and he just kept saying that he finds it hard to believe me when I say that because of what the e-mail says. I told him that I can't do anything but tell him the truth and that unfortunately if he doesn't believe me now, he won't believe me later. We left it at that and I crying and he saying that he needed to think.

Whatever happens tomorrow, I know that whoever sent the e-mail wanted to see me hurt, my relationship gone....and that just might happen. Who knows. What I do know is that whoever this person is, I hate them.

THANK YOU FOR TAKING ONE OF THE BEST THINGS FROM ME......MY TRUST

No comments: