Friday, December 09, 2005

Party Monster

I don't know how many of you people have seen the movie "Party Monster" with that kid from "Home Alone" and yes I know his name, but I'm not going to put it up here for the fear of misspelling his name. Anywho.....as I was watching TV the other day, he was on an episode of Will and Grace...and it got me thinking, he is a really good actor, he just never got the right roles in life. So of course I took that one step further and thought about my own life and people in it. What if we were never given the right role, but instead always typedcased as the same idiot each and every day. Only to wake up one day and realize what's been going on.
Well I have to say, that I think for the longest of time this was me. People knew me in college as this "Party Monster", if there was a party, I was there and most likely drunk and acting stupid. So of course after playing this role for so long, I just got use to it and kept playing it, well after school was over. In Pittsburgh it wasn't so bad, because the options were so limited, but once I moved to DC, it was all over. I probably went out at least 3 to 4 days a week. And, when I say I went out, I went out; staying out usually until 12 or 1 and on the weekends it was even worse.
The thing is, I never got tired of it. I would always meet new people and have a good time while partying. What more could I ask for?? Best of all, my friends were doing it with me. There was always at least on of my besties on my side as I was getting shitty. It even got to the point were I couldn't go out with at least one of them and not have multiple people ask me where they were. And then it happened; I woke up one day and realized that I had been typedcased and never really given the right role to begin with. So I decided to take a new one.
The role I took was not so much a new one, but in the end, who I've always been. A guy who likes to party, but at the same time needs to be grounded so that the partying doesn't get old. I have to say that most of it can be attributed to meeting someone, the other half I guess is me coming to realize that there has to be more then the same people, same places, and same conversations.
I guess the only question I have know is; when will some of my besites wake up??

No comments: