Friday, April 29, 2005

Things that PoP

I have decided that I am in love with Pop culture......I can't get enough of it. VH1, love it.....Mtv, can't get enough.....Bravo, I live for it.

For instance, there is a show on Bravo called "Show Dogs, Mom's and Dad's". If you have not seen it I suggest you settle yourself in on a Wed. nite and enjoy the show. It's so good. These people are all showing their dogs at the Philadelphia dog show, but the show focus' on what it takes to get to that point. It's like an amazing ride through crazy town. I love it. There is this really funny "gay" couple on the show that I just watch with awe every episode. To tell the truth the show reminds me of a movie called "Best in Show"....which if you haven't see you need to stop with the craziness. It is so funny...

Another show that I can't live without is ANTM (and if you don't know what that means, I feel for you). It is probably one of my favorite shows on T.V right now. It reminds me a lot of my lost love for Mtv's darling gone dry "Real World"..use to love that show, not so much anymore. Back to ANTM....the show tries to find what else, but America's Next Top Model. I love the show, because unlike Survivor or Big Brother or even The Amazing Race(which I love too) these girls are being put through semi-realistic test that a lot of beginning models go through. But, besides that aspect, the drama is amazing.

My other love, which I don't know how long it will last, American Idol. I have to say that I'm one of the many that text their vote every Tues nite....sometimes multiple times. But in recent days I have started to wonder about the show and the outcome. In the beginning the show really was about talent, who could sing the best while having stage presence. Kelly, I love you and your cd's. But recently, the show has moved from looking for talent to being this popularity contest. For instance (I know that some will be upset with this) Constantine. Now, for those of you who don't know, this young man was in the touring production of "Rent", which I hope means that he is very good at what he does. But his performance on Idol was nothing short of a Drama Queen gone wrong. He always seemed to be putting on a Vegas stage act, instead of just singing and wowing the crowd that way. So he lasted for a while on the show thanks to his groupie following of young girls and I'm sure from the way he walked, even young boys. I fear that Idol has gone from this great PoP show to just Popping......

No comments: